Tuesday, April 14, 2009

UPdate.

soooo....

what can i say? i've been a busy gal these days. but here's a quick update.

school is only a few weeks from finishing [both good and bad]. i love it, but i definitely need a break.

as always, i'm stressing about what i wanna do when i grow up. recently i've thought more about teaching. i'm just not sure how good of a teacher i would be, and i'm not sure if i wanna go through all of that extra training if i suck at it. haha.

i'm trying to be a busy businesswoman these days with my own sparks of creativity. i have my own website now, www.katebboyd.com. I made a bold choice and already put my new last name in there. i'm still adjusting to all of that. take a look. if you need anything like that done, please call. i have a wedding to pay for, haha. i have business cards, so you know i'm legit.

i am now officially the head cheer coach for lucas christian academy. hallelujah for not having to deal with hp girls anymore, and i'm excited about getting to go back to my cheerleading roots and hopefully feed into these girls' lives. this is the opportunity i was kind of hoping for.

i also have a new blog site. it's for the serious person in me. that way i can be completely frivolous here without weighing you down with the heavy thoughts floating around in my brain. but i gave you the link just in case you want to be.

i go through phases of content with my job. it gives me lots of time to play around with programs and learn on my own different things, but i'm not in love with it. some days i'm great there, and some days not so much. lately it's been not so much. unfortunately, i don't know what i want to do, and if i could manage to do that part-time so i could still go to school [answer: no; plus the pay i get here is great]. so we'll see. this is probably just random discontent, but i'm working through it.

i've been in the mood to take pictures lately, but i haven't. i should do that.

i miss my people a lot. i know i need dallas people. it's just hard to connect in a big city, especially when you're painfully shy. but i have a good feeling about the church we've started attending, and i'm praying that we'll find connections here.

that's pretty much it. you know, nutshell, etc. i should get back to homework. there is soooo much to do.

all in all, i'm quite happy despite my down times. i just have to keep looking to God because He alone is my Sustainer and Provider. He can get me through it.

-lovingly-
k

No comments: